Indulge in America's Best Ice Cream at Jeni’s in The Village at Shirlington
When it comes to enjoying delectable ice cream flavors, Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream Shop in Shirlington Village, Arlington, is the place to be. Since its opening months ago at 4150 Campbell Ave, Jeni's has been creating quite the buzz. And it's no wonder why: with its reputation of serving what Time magazine dubbed as "America's best" ice cream, it has quickly become a must-visit for locals and visitors alike.
Jeni's Unique Flavors and Inspirations
Jeni's is renowned for its innovative and mouth-watering flavors. Some of the most popular picks include:
- Brambleberry Crisp: A delightful mix of oven-toasted oat streusel with a sweet-tart brambleberry jam of blackberries and blackcurrants layered throughout creamy vanilla ice cream.
- Brown Butter Almond Brittle: Indulge in brown-butter-almond candy crushed into luscious buttercream ice cream.
- Darkest Chocolate: An intense Fair-Trade-Certified cocoa blend that's palate-gripping with a pleasingly dry finish.
- Gooey Butter Cake: Dive into cream cheese ice cream layered with crumbles of vanilla cake and a swirl of caramel-butterscotch sauce.
- Salted Peanut Butter with Chocolate Flecks: A tantalizing mix of salted ground roasted peanuts in grass-grazed Ohio milk with crunchy, dark chocolate flecks.
Not to mention their recent flavor inspired by the hit TV show "Ted Lasso", described as a mouthwatering blend of crumbly shortbread cookies in buttery sweet cream.
Founded by Jeni Britton Bauer in Columbus, Ohio, the brand has garnered nationwide attention over the last 20 years. Bauer isn't just a businesswoman; she's an accomplished author, with three cookbooks on ice cream under her belt. Her debut cookbook, "Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams at Home," became a New York Times bestseller and even earned a James Beard Foundation Award.
The Village at Shirlington: More Than Just Ice Cream
Nestled in The Village at Shirlington, Jeni's isn't just an ice cream parlor—it's a part of a vibrant, tree-lined promenade teeming with local boutiques, bustling restaurants, and cultural hotspots. Here, visitors can indulge in al fresco dining, catch a play at the Tony Award®-winning Signature Theatre, or relax with an art-house movie at AMC Shirlington 7.